First of all, I’m running VirtualBox 4.0.4 on Ubuntu Linux 10.04 on Core2 Duo laptop. If you’re running an AMD machine, the installation here may not work for you because the SL distro is marked as for Intel only.
For the steps, please refer to “Install OS X Snow Leopard in VirtualBox..” guide. I will only show the difference from that guide here.
Step 1. You will also need “Snow Leopard 10.6.6 SSE2/SSE3 Intel Only by Hazard” DVD ISO. Don’t ask me where to get it from!
Step 3. Set Operating System Version to “Mac OS X Server (64 bit)”
Step 4. I give my VM 1024 MB only.
Step 5. I set my hard disk maximum size to 40 GB (20 GB would be too small for iPhone development)
Step 6. Additional steps:
- System -> Processor: I assign two virtual processors.
Step 7. Storage:
- add SATA controller and move the virtual hard disk from the IDE controller to the SATA controller
- check the “use host I/O cache” tickbox for the SATA controller.
- mount “SL_10.6.6i_by_Hazard.iso” to the IDE CDROM drive.
Step 10. Different customization than the guide:
- Check the latest Chameleon bootloader
- Check Legacy Kernel
- There is no upgrade nor EFF bootloader